Friday, November 13, 2009

Quotation of the day for November 13, 2009

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for November 13, 2009



"I find, looking back on my life with increasing discomfort, that too often I have been impressed by people who were seeking to impress, rather than people who were impressive. I have been dismissive of people who were awkward rather than stupid. The more I think about it, surrounded by a swirling mass of people who are all, no doubt, visionaries or villains of incredible complexity, the more uncomfortable I become."

- Jon Carroll, in his column for the San Francisco Chronicle, Wednesday, August 31, 2005.

[http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2005/08/31/DDGEIDMA141.DTL#ixzz0VuIVf1Pr]

Submitted by: Kelly Groves
Nov. 5, 2009

Shopping through our Amazon links supports Quotation Of The Day. Find
Jon Carroll
at Amazon.ca.

Visit our Amazon.ca store
Find
Jon Carroll
at Amazon.com.

Visit our Amazon.com store