Friday, September 10, 2010

Quotation of the day for September 10, 2010

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for September 10, 2010



Not long ago I was at a party in San Francisco. There I talked with a young man who was already a veteran of several start-ups. When I asked him what his new company did, he said "we're an arms merchant to the portals industry." I had no idea what he meant.

But he answered every one of my questions with more buzzwords. They were "networking eyeball paradigms," "portalizing B2B solutions," "scaling strategic synergies" and so on. Finally I asked a rude question: how are sales?

He said, "They're great. We just closed our second round of financing."

- Doc Searls, from a talk he gave in 2000 about the Cluetrain Manifesto.

[http://blogs.law.harvard.edu/doc/2010/09/03/3250/]

Submitted by: Sid Sidner
Sep. 7, 2010

Shopping through our Amazon links supports Quotation Of The Day. Find
start-ups
at Amazon.ca.

Visit our Amazon.ca store
Find
start-ups
at Amazon.com.

Visit our Amazon.com store