Sunday, October 17, 2010

Quotation of the day for October 17, 2010

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for October 17, 2010



"I can do a score of things that can't be done," the Golux said. "I can find a thing I cannot see and see a thing I cannot find. The first is time, the second is a spot before my eyes. I can feel a thing I cannot touch and touch a thing I cannot feel. The first is sad and sorry, the second is your heart. What would you do without me? Say 'nothing.'"

"Nothing," said the Prince.

"Good. Then you're helpless and I'll help you."

- James Thurber, The 13 Clocks.

[The submitter also quotes "...The 13 Clocks, by James Thurber, is probably the best book in the world." - Neil Gaiman, from the new introduction.]

Submitted by: Thomas J. Newlin
Oct. 5, 2010

Shopping through our Amazon links supports Quotation Of The Day. Find
James Thurber
at Amazon.ca.

Visit our Amazon.ca store
Find
James Thurber
at Amazon.com.

Visit our Amazon.com store