Friday, December 17, 2010

Quotation of the day for December 17, 2010

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for December 17, 2010



"In May of 2007, my wife Vicki and I received the devastating, terrifying news that I have Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), a terminal illness that typically runs its course in three to five years. That was not quite four years ago, and I now know I will not reach that five-year plateau. I put together my personal bucket list, not in selfish terms of travelling or seeing wonders of the world, but more personal. Four goals:

"No. 1: Support my wife and family and relish in their love and support.

"No. 2: Make the relationships I have better, by being responsive to every friend, acquaintance and individual and each issue.

"No. 3: Make a difference in ALS awareness and improve fundraising efforts.

"No. 4: A very personal, positive mantra: Suck it up and get on with life (remember, no whining allowed!) and enjoy every day. What other option do any of us really have?

"I can proudly say I've accomplished, and perhaps even overachieved, in each of these projects."

- Tony Proudfoot, former Montreal Alouette football player, in his final column in the Montreal Gazette, December 16, 2010. Proudfoot has chronicled his struggle with ALS, also known as Lou Gehrig's disease, in the newspaper.

[http://www.montrealgazette.com/health/time+come+Tony+Proudfoot/3979831/story.html]

[The Tony Proudfoot Fund, to support research into ALS, can be found at http://www.sla-quebec.ca/en/tony_proudfoot_fund.php.]

Submitted by: Terry Labach
Dec. 16, 2010

Shopping through our Amazon links supports Quotation Of The Day.
Visit our blog
Find
Tony Proudfoot
at Amazon.ca.

Visit our Amazon.ca store
Find
Tony Proudfoot
at Amazon.com.

Visit our Amazon.com store