Monday, June 6, 2011

Quotation of the day for June 6, 2011

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for June 6, 2011



"It makes something in me happy to be late. People are waiting for me. People are eager to see me. I remember all the years I was unwanted, all the hundreds of times nobody wanted to see the little servant girl, Norma Jeane -- not even her mother. And I feel a queer sensation in punishing the people who are wanting me now. But it's not them I'm really punishing. It's the long-ago people who didn't want Norma Jeane. The later I am, the happier she grows. To me, it's remarkable that I get there at all."

- Marilyn Monroe (born Norma Jeane Mortenson), on her habit of arriving late.

Submitted by: Mike Krawchuk
Apr. 21, 2011

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Marilyn Monroe
at Amazon.ca.

Visit our Amazon.ca store
Find
Marilyn Monroe
at Amazon.com.

Visit our Amazon.com store