Sunday, January 29, 2012

Quotation of the day for January 29, 2012

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for January 29, 2012



"Some people find it exceedingly difficult to get along with me and I have to choose my jobs very carefully. I have no patience with phonies, hacks, dolts, or obnoxious incompetents and I take some pride in the fact that these people invariably dislike me. I admire perfection or any effort toward it and I would not work for anyone who disagreed with me on this score."

- Hunter S. Thompson, applying to The New York Times at age 22, which didn't respond. Quoted in Thompson's book The Proud Highway.

Submitted by: Kathleen Magone
Jan. 26, 2012

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Hunter S. Thompson
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
Hunter S. Thompson
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store