Thursday, March 7, 2013

Quotation of the day for March 7, 2013

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for March 7, 2013



"It was a long hard bumpy road, but this great country kept me inspired with its beauty, character, and spirit, driving me to keep marching on and devoted to sing about its people and places that make Canada the greatest country in the world.

"I must now pass the torch, to all of you, to help keep the Maple Leaf flying high, and be the Patriot Canada needs now and in the future.

"I humbly thank you all, one last time, for allowing me in your homes, I hope I continue to bring a little bit of cheer into your lives from the work I have done."

- Stompin' Tom Connors, Canadian country-folk legend, in a letter released on his web site several days before his death at the age of 77 on Wednesday, March 6, 2013.

Submitted by: Terry Labach
Mar. 6, 2013

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Stompin Tom Connors
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
Stompin Tom Connors
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store