Saturday, July 5, 2014

Quotation of the day for July 5, 2014

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for July 5, 2014



"At times, that knowledge was even liberating for the foodie in me. Living in New York, there was one thing I would not give up: pizza. Imagine my surprise when I realized the culinary symbol of American obesity could be my secret weapon to weight loss. Just one slice of New York-style thin crust, preferably piled with vegetables, was about 400 calories. And being able to still eat it mattered to me. Other food was like casual, even gratuitous, sex. But when it came to pizza in the city, it was love.

"I ate a slice nearly every day for lunch, followed by a 50-calorie piece of chocolate. I happily chose bran flakes with no sugar for breakfast and salads or other lean, low-sodium dinners. All I asked for was my slice of pizza for lunch. It satisfied me; that was the key. I like to tell friends, "I ate in over 200 pizzerias and lost 80 pounds at the same time.""

- Michael Humphrey, on how moving to New York City helped him lose weight.

[http://www.salon.com/2011/06/28/how_i_lost_80_pounds/]

Submitted by: Rob Wood
Jul. 4, 2014

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
pizza
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
pizza
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store