Sunday, March 15, 2015

Quotation of the day for March 15, 2015

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for March 15, 2015



"The couple from Ajax, Ont., sitting next to me felt the show lived up to their expectations. "I hope this gets a good review - because that means we're having a good time," he said to me, upon discovering I was there as a critic, in what I found the smartest and funniest line of the evening. She gave it four stars at the end, he gave it three; I'm letting them have the star rating, splitting the difference, because I liked them and want them to have had a good time. I'm also doing it to punish all readers who don't actually read reviews past the top."

- J. Kelly Nestruck, in a review of Faulty Towers: The Dining Experience, anunauthorized show based on the cult 1970s BBC television comedy, Fawlty Towers.

[http://www.theglobeandmail.com/arts/theatre-and-performance/theatre-reviews/faulty-towers-any-resemblance-to-fawlty-towers-is-well-almost-a-coincidence/article23397707/]

Submitted by: Terry Labach
Mar. 13, 2015

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Fawlty Towers
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
Fawlty Towers
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store