Friday, May 29, 2015

Quotation of the day for May 29, 2015

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for May 29, 2015



"Here's what I wanted to ask Marse Robert: "Oh, why didn't you ramble? After all these years in New Orleans, haven't you learned that everybody owes it to himself, and to those around him, to ramble some?" I don't mean screw around, I mean loosen up. I associate Lee with my father, who was honorable, who was self-sacrificially community-minded, who rarely took a drink, who died when he was sixty, three years younger than I am now. My mother was already worrying about his heart when he was only forty-nine. I wish my father had laisser le bon temps rouler more often. With me, for instance. But he was a child of hard times."

- Roy Blount, Jr., from his 2005 book, Feet on the Street: Rambles around New Orleans.

Submitted by: Terry Labach
May 28, 2015

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Roy Blount, Jr.
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
Roy Blount, Jr.
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store