Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Quotation of the day for September 15, 2015

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for September 15, 2015



"I cannot pretend I am without fear. But my predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved; I have been given much and I have given something in return; I have read and traveled and thought and written. I have had an intercourse with the world, the special intercourse of writers and readers.

"Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and adventure."

- Oliver Sacks, on learning he had terminal cancer, writing in the New York Times.

[http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/19/opinion/oliver-sacks-on-learning-he-has-terminal-cancer.html]

Submitted by: John Ritz
Aug. 31, 2015

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Oliver Sacks
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
Oliver Sacks
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store