Sunday, January 31, 2010

Quotation of the day for January 31, 2010

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for January 31, 2010



friends I have a problem that I'd like to address
and it may be peculiarly mine
in these days of unemployment I am forced to confess
yours truly's working overtime
my phone is ringing madly
they all want me oh so badly
there's only one hitch I can see


oh no! it's a benefit, not another benefit
and when are they gonna benefit me

I've played for day care, pro-choice, Greenpeace, world peace
labour causes, unfair laws and Latin American solidarity
I've stopped Spadina, failed to stop the Cruise,
I've saved the whales and wolves, I've tried to save the NDP
now ain't it kinda funny
how we're always raising money
for the things in life that ought to be free

oh no! it's a benefit, not another benefit
and when are they gonna benefit me

- Marie-Lynn Hammond, from her song Not Another Benefit.

[http://www.marielynnhammond.com/mlh_641.htm]

Submitted by: Terry Labach
Jan. 25, 2010

Shopping through our Amazon links supports Quotation Of The Day. Find
Marie-Lynn Hammond
at Amazon.ca.

Visit our Amazon.ca store
Find
Marie-Lynn Hammond
at Amazon.com.

Visit our Amazon.com store