Monday, June 7, 2010

Quotation of the day for June 7, 2010

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for June 7, 2010



I knew my days were numbered when o'er the trenches lumbered
More modern machinations de la guerre
No match for rapid fire or the steel birds of the sky
With a final rear guard action I retreat
No match for tangled wire or the armoured engines whine
Reluctant I retire and take my leave


Today I ride with special forces on those wily Afghan horses
Dostum's Northern Alliance give their thanks
No matter defeat or victory, in battle it occurs to me
That we may see a swelling in our ranks


- Corb Lund, singing about the cavalry, from the song Horse Soldier! Horse Soldier!, recorded on his 2007 album of the same name.

Submitted by: Terry Labach
Apr. 14, 2010

Shopping through our Amazon links supports Quotation Of The Day. Find
Corb Lund
at Amazon.ca.

Visit our Amazon.ca store
Find
Corb Lund
at Amazon.com.

Visit our Amazon.com store