Monday, August 16, 2010

Quotation of the day for August 16, 2010

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for August 16, 2010



"Plenty of people had made much hay of ridiculing spelling and grammatical errors on late-night shows and in humor books and on websites weighted with snark. But: Who among them had ever bothered with actual corrective action? So far as I knew, not a soul. A lambent vision descended upon me, like the living wheels revealed unto Ezekiel. In it, I saw myself armed with Wite-Out and black marker, waging a campaign of holy destruction on spelling and grammatical mistakes. The picture widened to describe not just my neighborhood, not just the Boston area or even the august span of the Bay State, but the entire nation.

"There was my answer--typo hunting was the good that I, Jeff Deck, was uniquely suited to visit upon society.

"I would change the world, one typo correction at a time."

- Jeff Deck, in his book, The Great Typo Hunt, co-written with Benjamin D. Herson. The book tells the story of Herson and Deck travelling the perimeter of the United States in search of typos on signs and correcting them wherever possible.

[http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=129086941&sc=fb&cc=fp]

Submitted by: Mike Krawchuk
Aug. 12, 2010

Shopping through our Amazon links supports Quotation Of The Day. Find
Jeff Deck
at Amazon.ca.

Visit our Amazon.ca store
Find
Jeff Deck
at Amazon.com.

Visit our Amazon.com store