Sunday, August 14, 2011

Quotation of the day for August 14, 2011

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for August 14, 2011



"I would prefer a stable, changeless environment of modest surfaces and human scale. I find most pop culture monstrous and sickening. I study it for my own survival. The effect of the new media on human society has never aroused the slightest enthusiasm in me. Only by understanding change can I ease the burden of experiencing it - and therefore the only extension of man I desire is that of awareness. I wish none of these technologies ever happened. They impress me as nothing but a disaster. They are for dissatisfied people. Why is man so unhappy he wants to change his world?"

- Marshall McLuhan

Submitted by: Terry Labach
Jul. 4, 2011

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Marshall McLuhan
at Amazon.ca.

Visit our Amazon.ca store
Find
Marshall McLuhan
at Amazon.com.

Visit our Amazon.com store