Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Quotation of the day for August 3, 2011

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for August 3, 2011



`There is no sense in going further-it's the edge of cultivation,'
So they said, and I believed it-broke my land and sowed my crop-
Built my barns and strung my fences in the little border station
Tucked away below the foothills where the trails run out and stop;
Till a voice as bad as Conscience, ran interminable charges
On one everlasting Whisper day and night repeated- so;
`Something hidden. Go and find it. Go and look behind the Ranges-
'Something lost behind the ranges. Lost and waiting for you. Go!'

- Rudyard Kipling, from "The Explorer".

Submitted by: Kathleen Magone
Jul. 18, 2011

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Rudyard Kipling
at Amazon.ca.

Visit our Amazon.ca store
Find
Rudyard Kipling
at Amazon.com.

Visit our Amazon.com store