Saturday, April 20, 2013

Quotation of the day for April 20, 2013

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for April 20, 2013



"I was meticulous in not being personally rude. I didn't know the woman: I did know the policies. I spoke up because history has been rewritten over the past week. I lived through the Thatcher period. I know what it was like. I know what it was like for my constituents. The reality bore no resemblance to what's being presented."

- Glenda Jackson, Labour MP, on her speech attacking the legacy of the late British Prime Minister, Margaret Thatcher.

Submitted by: Mike Krawchuk
Apr. 13, 2013

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Glenda Jackson
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
Glenda Jackson
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store