Friday, November 20, 2015

Quotation of the day for November 20, 2015

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for November 20, 2015



"I'm used to people insulting me because I'm a politician. They can insult my faith, they can insult my hair, they can insult my weight and once in a while my ideas, but rarely. So I'm totally used to that. But when I say I'm shaken as a Canadian, it's not as an individual. I'm not worried about my personal safety. But I'm shaken in terms of my personal political belief."

- Naheed Nenshi, mayor of Calgary, on the racist nature of some of the debate over the Syrian refugee crisis.

[http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/calgary-mayor-nenshi-shaken-by-racism-in-debate-over-refugee-crisis/article27336996/]

Submitted by: Mike Krawchuk
Nov. 19, 2015

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Syrian refugee crisis
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
Syrian refugee crisis
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store