Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Quotation of the day for April 28, 2010

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for April 28, 2010



"I'm not afraid to compete. It's just the opposite. Don't you see that? I'm afraid I will compete-that's what scares me. That's why I quit the Theater Department. Just because I'm so horribly conditioned to accept everybody else's values, and just because I like applause and people to rave about me, doesn't make it right. I'm ashamed of it. I'm sick of it. I'm sick of not having the courage to be an absolute nobody. I'm sick of myself and everybody else that wants to make some kind of a splash."

- J.D. Salinger, in his book Franny and Zooey.



Submitted by: Mike Krawchuk
Apr. 16, 2010

Shopping through our Amazon links supports Quotation Of The Day. Find
J.D. Salinger
at Amazon.ca.

Visit our Amazon.ca store
Find
J.D. Salinger
at Amazon.com.

Visit our Amazon.com store