Monday, August 30, 2010

Quotation of the day for August 30, 2010

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for August 30, 2010



So close to something, I feel it,
All alone, I can't help believing -
Here I go into the Great Unknown
No one can tell me where I'm gonna be
When I sail into the mystery
I know I'm falling, don't know where I'm gonna land
Are you ready? Am I ready? I believe I am.

- Paul Quarrington, writer and musician, from his song "Are You Ready". He wrote the song shortly before his death in January 2010 from lung cancer. Quarrington wrote a memoir of his last days called Cigar Box Banjo: Notes on Music and Life, which includes a CD with this and other songs.

Submitted by: Terry Labach
Aug. 16, 2010

Shopping through our Amazon links supports Quotation Of The Day. Find
Paul Quarrington
at Amazon.ca.

Visit our Amazon.ca store
Find
Paul Quarrington
at Amazon.com.

Visit our Amazon.com store