Sunday, March 6, 2011

Quotation of the day for March 6, 2011

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for March 6, 2011



"It shows a hopelessness. It used to be: "You have something I don't have; I'll go to my employer to get it, too. Now I don't see any chance of getting it. I don't want to be the lowest one on the totem pole, so I don't want you to have it either.""

- Richard Freeman, Harvard economist, talking about the hostility toward unions, which he sees "as a sign of decay in society."

[http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/25/us/25columbus.html]

Submitted by: Chas Simmons
Feb. 25, 2011

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
unions
at Amazon.ca.

Visit our Amazon.ca store
Find
unions
at Amazon.com.

Visit our Amazon.com store