Sunday, January 15, 2012

Quotation of the day for January 15, 2012

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for January 15, 2012



"I am almost incapable of logical thought, but I have developed techniques for keeping open the telephone line to my unconscious, in case that disorderly repository has anything to tell me. I hear a great deal of music. I am on friendly terms with John Barleycorn. I take long hot baths. I garden. I go into retreat among the Amish. I watch birds. I go for long walks in the country. And I take frequent vacations so that my brain can lie fallow -- no golf, no cocktail parties, no tennis, no bridge, no concentration, only a bicycle."

- David Ogilvy, Confessions of an Advertising Man.

Submitted by: Kathleen Magone
Dec. 23, 2011

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
David Ogilvy
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
David Ogilvy
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store