Sunday, April 29, 2012

Quotation of the day for April 29, 2012

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for April 29, 2012



"I have argued flying saucers with lots of people. (Incidentally, I must explain that because I am a scientist does not mean I have not had contact with human beings. Ordinary human beings. I know what they are like. I go to Las Vegas and talk to the show girls and the gamblers and so on. I have banged around a lot in my life, so I know about ordinary people.) Anyway, I have to argue about flying saucers on the beach with people, you know. And I was interested in this: they keep arguing that it is possible. And that's true. It is possible. They do not appreciate that the problem is not to demonstrate whether it's possible or not but whether it's going on or not. Whether it's probably occurring or not, not whether it could occur."

- Richard P. Feynman, from This Unscientific Age.

Submitted by: Terry Labach
Apr. 26, 2012

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Richard P. Feynman
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
Richard P. Feynman
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store