Friday, September 13, 2013

Quotation of the day for September 13, 2013

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for September 13, 2013



Q: Exactly. Why do you prefer typewriters to computers?

A: Because I don't even know what a computer is. I've heard about them a lot, but I don't own one, and I don't want one to own me. Typewriters you can own. I think a computer owns you.

- Manson Whitlock, typewriter repairman, in an interview with the Yale Daily News. Whitlock died in August 2013, at age 96, but had still been repairing typewriters shortly before his death.

[http://yaledailynews.com/weekend/2010/09/03/backstage-the-oldest-typewriter-repairman-in-new-haven/]

Submitted by: Terry Labach
Sep. 12, 2013

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
typewriters
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
typewriters
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store