Saturday, November 16, 2013

Quotation of the day for November 16, 2013

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for November 16, 2013



This OCD both a gift and a curse,
there's no denying it comes in handy when I'm scripting a verse.
But on the other hand, when I'm making my bed,
it takes me half an hour, make a mistake, start again.
Until I get it looking perfect,
then and only then can I start writing these verses.
Otherwise, man I just can't focus,
knowing that these sheets are in hopeless
disarray, leaving my mind in a similar state
no relief until I get em straightened
out to my exact specifications.
And don't ask if I've been on medication,
'cuz I have, and it didn't do jack,
I have OCD, I just live with the fact.

- Andy Bernstein, aka MC Abdominal, from his song Sock Hop, recorded on the album Sitting Music by Abdominal and The Obliques.

[http://abdominal.bandcamp.com/track/sock-hop]

Submitted by: Terry Labach
Nov. 13, 2013

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Abdominal and The Obliques
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
Abdominal and The Obliques
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store