Thursday, January 23, 2014

Quotation of the day for January 23, 2014

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for January 23, 2014



...In the pewter mornings, the cat,
a black fur sausage with yellow
Houdini eyes, jumps up on the bed and tries
to get onto my head. It's his
way of telling whether or not I'm dead.
If I'm not, he wants to be scratched; if I am
He'll think of something. He settles
on my chest, breathing his breath
of burped-up meat and musty sofas,
purring like a washboard.

- Margaret Atwood, from her poem February.

Submitted by: Terry Labach
Jan. 22, 2014

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Margaret Atwood
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
Margaret Atwood
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store