Saturday, August 2, 2014

Quotation of the day for August 2, 2014

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for August 2, 2014



"What job did I (or she, really) think I could get? By training and nature, I was equipped to do nothing but lie thusly and think deep thoughts. I blamed my hardworking parents for encouraging me to obtain a useless, outrageously expensive, and still unpaid-for education best suited to a minor nineteenth-century aristocrat. I could read philosophy and discuss paintings. Not that I ever did, but I could, if I had to, in an emergency. I could charm elegant dinner parties with witty patter, if anyone ever invited me to one. I could articulate my misery with great precision. If only I had learned to cut hair, or cook, or fix something!"

- David Gordon, from Mystery Girl.

Submitted by: Lynn Kisilenko
Jul. 30, 2014

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
David Gordon
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
David Gordon
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store