Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Quotation of the day for September 2, 2014

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for September 2, 2014



"When we flew, we always booked ourselves in aisle seats across from each other, C and D seats, so we could talk to each other. Tom would always get on first and find our row, and if there was a pretty girl in the middle seat of one side, he would sit next to her, and I would sit next to the fat, sweaty guy in the mesh shirt, which, by the way, I think should not be allowed on planes. I plan to introduce legislation on that.

"This went on for years. Tom would board first, get to a row, and take the aisle seat next to an attractive woman or quiet-looking, slender man, and I would sit next to the large loud guy who looked like he wanted to talk through the entire flight. I thought, what a coincidence, Tom's aisle seat is always next to the more desirable seatmate. Finally I checked my ticket stub, and I saw that Tom had taken my seat. That is when I realized he had been doing this for years. He said: Yeah, I was just waiting for you to figure it out. Now, I really had to blame myself. Tom had played me, and it was my fault for being a kind of trusting idiot."

- Al Franken, U.S. Senator, recalling his late comedy writing partner Tom Davis.

[http://www.scpr.org/blogs/kitty-felde/2012/07/26/9146/al-franken-says-goodbye-writing-partner-senate-flo/]

Submitted by: Mike Krawchuk
Sep. 1, 2014

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Al Franken
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
Al Franken
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store