Monday, February 2, 2015

Quotation of the day for February 2, 2015

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for February 2, 2015



"I was forced to stagger off to bed for a nap, a fine Churchillian habit. He would often sleep for as much as an hour and a half in the afternoon.

"Unfortunately, I slept through my alarm, and awoke when it was dark, disorientated and groggy. I then spent the rest of the afternoon (or what was left of it), drinking more whisky and sodas while attempting to write an article -- a task I found increasingly difficult. When I returned to it the following day, I discovered it was barely literate with every other word misspelled."

- Harry Wallop, in the article The day I tried to match Churchill drink for drink.

[www.telegraph.co.uk/men/thinking-man/11371641/The-day-I-tried-to-match-Churchill-drink-for-drink.html]

Submitted by: Rob Wood
Jan. 30, 2015

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Winston Churchill
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
Winston Churchill
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store