Thursday, May 21, 2015

Quotation of the day for May 21, 2015

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for May 21, 2015



"I would sit on the street corner and just start singing gospel songs, because that's what I wanted to do. And, generally, people would come by me, and they would -- you know, they would praise me, pat me on the shoulders and the head, and say, keep it up, son. If you continue, you're going to be good one day. But they didn't put nothing in the hat.

"But people that would come by and ask me to play a blues would always put something in the hat. Now you know why I'm a blues singer."

- B.B. King, blues musician, from an interview with Jeffrey Brown. King died May 14, 2015, at the age of 89.

[http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/blues-life-legendary-musician-b-b-king/]

Submitted by: Terry Labach
May 21, 2015

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
B.B. King
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
B.B. King
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store