Friday, September 11, 2015

Quotation of the day for September 11, 2015

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for September 11, 2015



"They just told me to play what I felt. Hey, I'm a jazz musician, that's what I do. So I listened again and recorded my first solo. We listened back and they said it was great. I recorded a second take and that's the one they used. I was gone in a half-hour. The next thing I know I'm hearing myself in every airport bathroom in the world."

- Pete Christlieb, about recording his sax solo on the Steely Dan song, Deacon Blues.

[http://www.wsj.com/articles/how-steely-dan-created-deacon-blues-1441727645]

Submitted by: Terry Labach
Sep. 9, 2015

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Steely Dan
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
Steely Dan
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store