Friday, July 21, 2017

Quotation of the day for July 21, 2017

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for July 21, 2017



"I find these days that a wistful form of time travel has become a persistent political theme, both on the right and on the left. On November 10 The New York Times reported that nearly seven in ten Republicans prefer America as it was in the 1950s, a nostalgia of course entirely unavailable to a person like me, for in that period I could not vote, marry my husband, have my children, work in the university I work in, or live in my neighborhood."

- Zadie Smith, from a talk given on receiving the 2016 Welt Literature Prize.

Submitted by: Mike Krawchuk
Jul. 19, 2017

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Zadie Smith
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
Zadie Smith
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store