Saturday, February 2, 2019

Quotation of the day for February 2, 2019

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for February 2, 2019



"When I was introduced into the army at the age of eighteen, I started playing around little towns, just standing on the corner. People asked me to play gospel tunes and complimented me real nicely: 'Son, if you keep it up, you're going to be real good someday.' But the people who asked me to play the blues tunes normally tipped me, many times getting me beer. So that motivated me to play the blues, you might say."

- B.B. King, on his start as a blues musician.

Submitted by: Terry Labach
Feb. 1, 2019

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
B.B. King
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
B.B. King
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store