Friday, January 14, 2011

Quotation of the day for January 14, 2011

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for January 14, 2011



"People used to behave well because they thought God was watching. Now the secular world has come up with its own hidden observers. I wasn't terribly happy that Twitter caught me not laughing or that CCTV caught me breaking the law, but I took a breath, set my jaw, and nodded respectfully to the truth -- thus acknowledging the time-honoured concept of the fair cop."

- Frank Skinner, from his article Better to look truth in the eye than be afraid, in The Times.

[http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/opinion/columnists/frankskinner/article2839515.ece]

Submitted by: Mike Krawchuk
Dec. 19, 2010

Shopping through our Amazon links supports Quotation Of The Day.
Visit our blog
Find
Frank Skinner
at Amazon.ca.

Visit our Amazon.ca store
Find
Frank Skinner
at Amazon.com.

Visit our Amazon.com store