Monday, January 31, 2011

Quotation of the day for January 31, 2011

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for January 31, 2011



"Were I a woman, I would embrace atheism and never become a Muslim. Imagine a religion that imposes laws always beneficial to men but hazardous to women such as permitting my husband to have three additional wives and as many concubines as he wishes, houris awaiting him in heaven, while I cover my head and face as a miller's horse.... Keep this religion far away from me."

- Ahmed Riza, Turkish politician and one of the "Young Turks" of the Committee of Union and Progress (CUP) party in the early 20th century.

Submitted by: Mike Krawchuk
Jan. 28, 2011

Shopping through our Amazon links supports Quotation Of The Day.
Visit our blog
Find
Young Turks
at Amazon.ca.

Visit our Amazon.ca store
Find
Young Turks
at Amazon.com.

Visit our Amazon.com store