Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Quotation of the day for November 24, 2009

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for November 24, 2009



"I know the whole Twitter/Facebook social-networking revolution is supposed to transform the way we communicate with each other. But for the most part it looks to me like just another way to avoid human interaction while tossing out meaningless tidbits of minutiae.

"I admit to coming at this from a certain bias. Maybe it's age, or the complete lack of desire to be held prisoner by another electronic device -- or app or site or whatever -- but I have absolutely no interest in knowing where people are and what they're doing at all times. You're in the supermarket and can't believe the price of asparagus -- fine. Leave me out of it. I have no interest in being given 140-character opinions or observations or updates -- even from people I know and like."

- Tim Keown, ESPN writer.

[http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story?page=keown/090707]

Submitted by: Mike Krawchuk
Nov. 12, 2009

Shopping through our Amazon links supports Quotation Of The Day. Find
Tim Keown
at Amazon.ca.

Visit our Amazon.ca store
Find
Tim Keown
at Amazon.com.

Visit our Amazon.com store