Saturday, January 9, 2010

Quotation of the day for January 9, 2010

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for January 9, 2010



"The problem with Hitler was not his industrial policy--I mean, okay, fine, Hitler's industrial policy bad, right, but I could forgive him for that, you know? The thing that really bothers me about Hitler was the genocide. And I'm about as sure as I can be that Obama has no plans to round up millions of people, put them in camps, and find various creative ways to torture them to death.

"If he does, look, I take it all back. Use the F-word freely. Hell, I'll hide you in our spare bedroom when the state police squads come looking for you. But until then, can we stick to less inflammatory terms? Surely creative and intelligent adults can find ways to critique Obama without pointing out that Hitler was also a very effective speaker."

- Megan McArdle, on current usage of the word "fascism", in "Just say no to F-Bombs".

[http://meganmcardle.theatlantic.com/archives/2009/03/just_say_no_to_f-bombs.php]

Submitted by: Chris Doherty
Apr. 2, 2009

Shopping through our Amazon links supports Quotation Of The Day. Find
Megan McArdle
at Amazon.ca.

Visit our Amazon.ca store
Find
Megan McArdle
at Amazon.com.

Visit our Amazon.com store