Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Quotation of the day for September 1, 2010

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for September 1, 2010



"Already, I have an application on my iPhone that broadcasts my exact location to selected friends at all times. If I were ever convicted of a crime and forced to submit to GPS tracking, I would, in theory, need only to add my probation officer to my Google Friends list and keep my phone handy. (When I showed the app to BI's Jennifer White, she had trouble fathoming that anyone would use such a thing without a court order. "Do you keep that on all the time?" she asked suspiciously.)"

- Graeme Wood, in the article Prison Without Walls, on electronic surveillance of released convicts. BI is a manufacturer of surveillance devices and provides monitoring services.

[http://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2010/09/prison-without-walls/8195]

Submitted by: Terry Labach
Aug. 31, 2010

Shopping through our Amazon links supports Quotation Of The Day. Find
electronic surveillance
at Amazon.ca.

Visit our Amazon.ca store
Find
electronic surveillance
at Amazon.com.

Visit our Amazon.com store