Saturday, December 17, 2011

Quotation of the day for December 17, 2011

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for December 17, 2011



"Of course one could always take the streamlined approach and choose the same password for every account. This was my strategy for many years. Oh yeah, good ole "IP4395," my aunt's old license plate number, which I read as "I pee for $3.95." It was my favorite joke when I was 8 years old. That one served me well. But after reading too many articles on identity theft, I was scared straight and devised a system so complex that it denied me access to my own bank account.

"In fact, I managed to access it only after surrendering my Social Security number to a supervisor and explaining that the name of my favorite cousin changes almost weekly, that I'd changed residences several times and that my mother's father was a scoundrel we try to forget."

- Julia Anne Miller, on trying to remember passwords, from her essay Locked Out of My Own Life.

[http://www.smithsonianmag.com/departments/the-last-page/Locked-Out-of-My-Own-Life.html]

Submitted by: Mike Krawchuk
Dec. 15, 2011

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Julia Anne Miller
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by doing your holiday shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
Julia Anne Miller
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by doing your holiday shopping at our Amazon.com store