Saturday, July 20, 2013

Quotation of the day for July 20, 2013

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for July 20, 2013



I've got a new lover now, I know that she's not mine,
I only want to hold her, I don't need to read her mind,
And she only looks like you when she's in a certain light.

I got a new lover now, she knows just what I need.
When I wake up in the night, she can read me back my dreams,
And she loves them, though she never needs to tell me what they mean.

I hope you've got a lover now, hope you've got somebody who
Can give you what you need like I couldn't seem to do.
But if you're sad and you are lonesome and you've got nobody true,
I'd be lying if I said that didn't make me happy too.

- Josh Ritter, from his song New Lover.

Submitted by: Mike Krawchuk
Jul. 4, 2013

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Josh Ritter
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
Josh Ritter
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store