Sunday, December 1, 2013

Quotation of the day for December 1, 2013

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for December 1, 2013



"My father, age 86, is on the final approach to the long dirt nap (to use his own phrase). His mind is 98% gone, and all he has left is hours or possibly months of hideous unpleasantness in a hospital bed. I'll spare you the details, but it's as close to a living Hell as you can get.

"If my dad were a cat, we would have put him to sleep long ago. And not once would we have looked back and thought too soon.

"Because it's not too soon. It's far too late. His smallish estate pays about $8,000 per month to keep him in this state of perpetual suffering. Rarely has money been so poorly spent.

"I'd like to proactively end his suffering and let him go out with some dignity. But my government says I can't make that decision. Neither can his doctors. So, for all practical purposes, the government is torturing my father until he dies.

"I'm a patriotic guy by nature. I love my country. But the government? Well, we just broke up."

- Scott Adams, Dilbert cartoonist, on his father's final illness.

[http://www.dilbert.com/blog/entry/i_hope_my_father_dies_soon/]

Submitted by: Rob Wood
Nov. 26, 2013

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Scott Adams
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
Scott Adams
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store