Friday, July 18, 2014

Quotation of the day for July 18, 2014

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for July 18, 2014



"I was about 17 and B.B. didn't want to let me on stage at first. He asked me for a union card, and I had one. Also, I kept sending people over to ask him to let me play. Finally, he decided that there enough people who wanted to hear me that, no matter if I was good or not, it would be worth it to let me on stage. He gave me his guitar and let me play. I got a standing ovation, and he took his guitar back!"

- Johnny Winter, blues guitarist and singer, recalling the first time he played with B.B. King, in 1962. Winter died this week at age 70.

Submitted by: Terry Labach
Jul. 17, 2014

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Johnny Winter
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
Johnny Winter
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store