Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Quotation of the day for July 29, 2014

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for July 29, 2014



Oh Lord, wish my bed wasn't silken sheets so tight
I got to keep my strength up got to do a show tonight
I'll have a cup of coffee while I'm taking in the news
No need to have a shave 'cause I'm gonna sing the blues


Well, I think I'll get a massage, maybe lose a little fat
So I'll have to go downtown in my brand new Cadillac
My valet comes and dresses me, I light a big cigar
Because I like to look like Nimrod when I'm riding in my car


Can blue men sing the whites
Or are they hypocrites
For singing, woo, woo, wooh?

- Vivian Stanshall, from his song Can Blue Men Sing The Whites, recorded by the Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band.

Submitted by: Terry Labach
Jul. 25, 2014

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store