Monday, October 19, 2015

Quotation of the day for October 19, 2015

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for October 19, 2015



"When I was the environment minister in Quebec, I reduced greenhouse gas emissions every year....We didn't just talk about doing these things, we got it done. And that's the type of person I am. When I talk about quality, affordable $15 a day childcare, it's going to happen, Peter. That's just one election away. When I talk about a $15 an hour federal minimum wage, that's going to happen. That's one election away....For the first time the NDP is the Official Opposition, a government in waiting. We represent the values that I keep hearing across Canada. Catherine and I travel from coast to coast to coast. We're hearing the same thing. Canadians want change in Ottawa. They're tired after ten years of Stephen Harper's Conservatives. They want a fresh approach. And what the NDP has always represented are those values and that's the type of government that I'll lead."

- Tom Mulcair, leader of the New Democratic Party, from an interview with the CBC's Peter Mansbridge.

Submitted by: Terry Labach
Oct. 15, 2015

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
Tom Mulcair
at Amazon.ca.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.ca store
Find
Tom Mulcair
at Amazon.com.

Please support qotd by shopping at our Amazon.com store