Monday, February 22, 2010

Quotation of the day for February 22, 2010

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for February 22, 2010



I like my fiction with a chaser of beer
Real short words and a vision that's clear

I don't want no Wilde, no Thomas Hardy
Don't want no Roth or Dumas at my party
No Saul Bellow, no F. Scott Fitzgerald
No Graham Greene or no Lewis Carroll

Hemingway, he's the one I read
Real straight shooter gives me what I need
Hemingway, always gets it right
With a simple syntax and a prose that's tight

- Paul Quarrington and Martin Worthy, of the band Porkbelly Futures, from their song Hemingway. Quarrington, a novelist as well as a musician, died of lung cancer on January 21, 2010.

[http://porkbellys.com]

Submitted by: Terry Labach
Jan. 28, 2010

Shopping through our Amazon links supports Quotation Of The Day. Find
Paul Quarrington
at Amazon.ca.

Visit our Amazon.ca store
Find
Paul Quarrington
at Amazon.com.

Visit our Amazon.com store