Saturday, May 15, 2010

Quotation of the day for May 15, 2010

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for May 15, 2010



"Teaching has made me an expert in certain skills that are marketable nowhere outside of teaching. You know what I'm talking about. In this case, I reflexively attach an adjective to the word 'balls.' Basket balls. Tennis balls. Cannon balls. Every time. You will never catch me saying 'balls' without modification by an adjective. I wish I was this good at anything else in my life because this won't impress anybody at my ten-year high school reunion."

- Dan Meyer, high school math teacher.

[http://blog.mrmeyer.com/?p=5392&]

Submitted by: Chris Doherty
May 9, 2010

Shopping through our Amazon links supports Quotation Of The Day. Find
balls
at Amazon.ca.

Visit our Amazon.ca store
Find
balls
at Amazon.com.

Visit our Amazon.com store