The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List
Quotation of the Day for May 20, 2010
1. See whatever is to be seen.
2. You should see whatever I have not seen.
3. Write down and describe, as faithfully as possible, whatever you see.
4. To write is not to admire; since you are not a painter, paint everything with words.
5. Whenever you can, abandon the footpaths, the worn crossroads of travellers.
6. Correct whatever can be corrected.
- Thomas Gray, author of "Elegy Written in a Country Churchyard". His Maxims In Travelling, translated from Latin, are quoted in The Man Who Made Lists by Joshua Kendall.
Submitted by: Terry Labach
Apr. 7, 2009
|Shopping through our Amazon links supports Quotation Of The Day.|| Find |
Visit our Amazon.ca store
| Find |
Visit our Amazon.com store