Thursday, September 1, 2011

Quotation of the day for September 1, 2011

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for September 1, 2011



"I have made it a principle to pursue my self-interest in my business, subject to legal and ethical limitations, and to be guided by the public interest as a public intellectual and philanthropist. If the two are in conflict, the public interest ought to prevail. I do not hesitate to advocate policies that are in conflict with my business interests. I firmly believe that our democracy would function better if more people adopted this principle. And if they care about a well-functioning democracy, they ought to abide by this principle even if others do not. Just a small number of public-spirited figures could make a big difference."

- George Soros, from his essay My Philanthropy.

[http://www.georgesoros.com/articles-essays/entry/my_philanthropy]

Submitted by: Mike Krawchuk
Aug. 30, 2011

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog
Find
George Soros
at Amazon.ca.

Visit our Amazon.ca store
Find
George Soros
at Amazon.com.

Visit our Amazon.com store