Sunday, September 4, 2011

Quotation of the day for September 4, 2011

The Quotation Of The Day Mailing List

Quotation of the Day for September 4, 2011



"I'm thumbing my nose at my doctorate title, although I'm very proud of it. It's very paradoxical. It is me saying, 'Yeah, this is me. I'm from a working-class background.' Academia can be very elitist."

- Lianne McTavish, professor at the University of Alberta, who used a sabbatical year to take up bodybuilding. McTavish wrote about the experience on her blog, Look Hot While You Fight the Patriarchy on her website feministfiguregirl.com.

[http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/relationships/news-and-views/sarah-hampson/can-bodybuilding-be-a-feminist-act-this-professor-thinks-so/article2149097/]

Submitted by: Mike Krawchuk
Sep. 1, 2011

Tweet this quotation


Follow us on Twitter to see what we're reading

Visit our blog


Visit our Amazon.ca store


Visit our Amazon.com store